Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Month 1 - Equipment Update

Lost:
  • 1 Towel - Left behind in Tokyo, replaced in Marugame.
  • 1 Deodorant - Left behind in Osaka, proved to be extremely difficult to replace. Purchased an arasol spray in Hakata which I've come to like.
Broken:
  • Hiking Shoes - The ones I bought in Paris 4 years ago. Blowout in Taipei airport, jabbing into the back of my heel. Abandoned the shoes at Amigos in Taipei and replaced with a good pair of Nike running shoes.

Left Behind:

  • 1 Padlock - Not sure why I packed this. Hopefully someone has more use for it than I. Abandoned in a hotel room in Kaohsiung.
  • 1 Pair of Gloves - Its warm now, not sure when I'm going to need these again. Abandoned in a hotel room in Kaohsiung.
  • 1 Neckwarmer - see above gloves.

Added:

  • 1 Pair of Sandals - Acquired in Hualien, Taiwan
  • 1 Necklace - Given to me by a Japanese friend in Tokyo.
  • 3 Books - Why are they lining up? about the Korean phenomenon Mintos (given to me in Seoul by Eunju), Siddharta by Herman Hesse, The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
  • 1 Lighter

Overall, my pack is slightly heavier than when I started, mostly due to the books, weighing in around 39 pounds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the great comments and insights..By the way, are you looking for more information on international business strategies at kimberly clark ..If so here is a fantastic resource for everything related to business and international business strategies at kimberly clark with information, products, articles and more..Check it out here...corpanalytics.com