Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Afrika

From Rome, Emma and I travel to Barcelona by plane, spend the weekend partying and dancing it up with her friend Ange. We spend a day site seeing the Gaudi exhibits and buildings and travel up to Figures to see the Dali museum. A trip well worth it.

From Barcelona we catch an overnight train down to Algecires and Emma goes to Gibralter for a day. I miss out on a forgotten passport in the hotel and a nagging cold. So it is, 3 weeks after starting this part of my trip we arrive excitedly off our boat into Tangier, Morocco, Africa to begin the most interesting and challenging part of this journey. Immediately the excitement rises as we spend the evening walking around the Medina (old town), its fresh sites and sounds rewarding us. Today in Fes I have no timeline and a rough plan after Emma departs in a few days. I hope to start by crossing the Sahara by land and entering the heart of this intimidating continent.

We shall see how the wind blows...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Interesting blog. You remind me my trip to this amazing country. I have been to Morocco long time ago and very liked my trip. Morocco is a beautiful country, with its ancient towns, coastal resorts and snowy peaks. This North African kingdom boasts 1,400 miles of coastline, year-round sunshine and an open invitation to tourists all over the world. It is the major cities where capital growth has been at its highest – most notably, Casblanca, Fes, Marrakech and Tangier. Among them I like Tangier the most. Tangiers is a city in the north of Morocco near the Straits of Gibraltar. It has a rich cultural heritage and is a city full of life. And I wasn't surprised when I found that a lot of people buy in Tangiers property.
Also I had unforgettable trip to the Sahara desert. It was really great trip.