Friday, April 07, 2006

More Walking

Before you all think I am dying out here I need to make a new posting. I am happy and healthy and back on my feet, the infection passed without worry and only held me up a couple of weeks in Dakar. After I could walk again I decided to recommence my walking journey. So with Banjul as my target, another 300km away I began to trek again.

Walking is the most pure form of travel and I have learned to do it well. After 17 more days and a thousand more adventures I arrived in Banjul having walked more than 550km and crossing Northern Senegal in 27days. It is astounding the way people respond to this type of journey, and the people I have met along the way have been amazing. I have passed nights in the forest, slept with fisherman, rowed accross rivers, run from monkeys, battled entire villages, ate fantastic french food, starved, froze, melted, fallen in love, met 1000 wonderfull people and a few not so wonderfull, I walked and I walked and I walked. Truly, there are so many stories to tell from this journey that I can not even hope to put them in the blog. I will try to put a few in. For now I am in The Gambia, passing some time and trying to decide what to do next.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God you are alive... and that the adventure continues.
From a world away,
Emma Claire

Anonymous said...

Heureux, de te savoir en pleine forme à Banuls.

Amitiés

Christian

bdvankeuren said...

It had been a while since your last post. I'm sure there were many taking odds on your survival. Trek on!

Anonymous said...

Hi Josh!

it's me Michelle (Bit) Osinchuk. Gilbert told me to come here to say hi. i'm here in spruce grove married with 2 boys!! love to hear from you

take care

Michelle

Anonymous said...

hi again josh
its michelle bit again

i guess i should leave my email address. michekevos@canoemail.com